Thursday, December 9, 2010

Work

For the past 8 weeks or so I have been working six days a week. XYZ school recently introduced Sunday morning classes, because our Saturday classes were overflowing and we didn't have the rooms or the teachers to accommodate more students. They have proven to be very popular and this looks to be a major source of growth for the Chiang Mai branch in the next year. This term I am teaching a level 3 class on Sundays. Unfortunately, the sixth (last) week of every weekday term we have an extra day of class. This caused us to work an 11 day stretch five weeks ago, and now I am in the middle of a 13 day stretch of work. This is quite tiring and makes me a bit cranky. But at the end of this stretch we do have two weeks of vacation, and I have already told my boss that I am not working Sundays next term.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that it sounds like you have a few more classes. I can certainly understand how difficult it would be not to have a day off.

    ReplyDelete