Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bike ride

I took my bike out this morning for a spin. I rode for an hour and fifteen minutes. I am not sure exactly how far I went. I am going to buy a bike computer from one of my friends, but he hasn't brought it into work yet. But I do have a nifty heart rate monitor that tracks your heart rate and calculates your calories burned, etc. So today's exercise session lasted 75 minutes, my maximum heart rate was 143, which is 83% of my maximum heart rate zone. The average was 109 whick is 63 percent of my MHRZ. I burned 655 calories, of which 55% was fat. My friend has a heart rate monitor that also has GPS and an altimeter, so it will tell you exactly where you went, your highest and lowest points, how much you climbed and descended throughout your exercise session, and it all the data points can be downloaded to your computer to make graphs and maps of your route. But those cost about 500 dollars, so I won't be buying one anytime soon.

Oh, and the scenery was nice to and the weather was nice. I am going to have to get some long sleeved t-shirts though to protect my arms from the sun. THis tropical sun can be brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment