Monday, December 6, 2010

New Bike

I bought a bike today. I have been looking at bikes for a few months but today I took the plunge and bought one. It is a Trek 4000 series. It's basically a 4300, but I have upgraded a few things. It is a mountain bike, although it has road tires. I don't intend to be riding it down the sides of any mountains. It has hydraulic disk brakes (useful on the mountains) and 24 gears. Although I can't imagine what I will do with 24 gears. I took it out this afternoon. I felt quite high off the ground and rather unsteady. It also wore me out after about 30 minutes in the foothills of Doi Suthep. Well, I have a lot of time to get used to it, and to get into better shape to ride it.

Here is a picture. It is called "bronze" in color and is quite handsome, at least in my opinion.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Dunno--somehow I manage to use all 21 of the gears on my trek (1420). Even though LI is pretty flat, there ARE some small hills created when the glacier retreated, but more to the point, we can get some pretty persistant strong winds, which for me are worse than hills.

    Anyhow, yer new bike is pretty and trek makes a great product. Good luck with it, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna try and stay safe, that is no mean feat here on the roads of Thailand. And actually when I do eventually tackle the mountains around here I will definitely make use of all my new gears.

    ReplyDelete