Sunday, May 2, 2010

Musings about this and that

We have finished Summer Terms here in CM, and it couldn't have come soon enough. The last two weeks I have been at the end of my tether. I haven't done a great job of teaching, but my students are a forgiving bunch. In reality they probably didn't even notice the downward slide of my teaching, but I did. Next year I will have to make some other arrangement during Summer Terms. If I am still here I will only work part-time.

Now I have a few days off. I have been cleaning my apartment, exercising, and on Tuesday I will be taking a trip up North. I will visit Doi Ang Khan, the "Little Switzerland" of Thailand, for its high altitude, cool weather, and Swiss architecture.

I also talked with my mother this morning. It was good to talk to her. I should call more often, but time just tends to slip away.

My best wishes to the people on the Gulf Coast, who are being hit by another catastrophe less than five years after Hurricane Katrina.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to chat with Mom.

    Swiss-Thai architecture sounds interesting. I hope you post some photos and have a wonderful and relaxing trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be thinking of you shortly. It is Sunday morning here {still, but barely} and all your siblings and your parents will be together in Blond cat's place for a belated birthday dinner.

    Your oh-so-clever youngest sib has threatened to make home-made ice cream with her newest toy, and if history is any guide, it'll be pretty good.

    Following said festivities, we intend to pay a visit to your honorable gramma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thais have a special place in their hearts for Switzerland. The King lived there from age 6 to 16, and went to university there, earning a Master's Degree in Political Science. The King was not originally in the high up in the line of succession. His father studied medicine in Switzerland, but died at a young age. His wife and children were unable to return to Thailand because of WW2. Two abdications and the mysterious death of his older brother (the King before him) left Bhumiphon Aduyadet as the King of Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good to talk to you too. Everyone was glad to hear we had talked. Edwina is here, staying with Jean and your Grandmother for a couple of weeks. Ketura came to see them Friday and was to leave again today. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete