Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Afternoon

I am feeling kind of happy today. My orthopedic surgeon came by and looked at my foot today. He told me the wound on the top of my foot had healed enough to take a skin graft. That means it is no longer oozing scabbing material or bleeding. It now looks rosy red, like a freshly cut well marbled steak. So he asked the plastic surgeon to come take a look at it later today. There is going to be a big ugly scar on top of my foot when this is done, but I guess they want to make it look as good as possible. Hopefully the surgery can happen in the next couple of days. They will repair the tendon in my big toe, then do a skin graft to cover the top of my foot. I just hope it gets done soon. The sooner it gets done, the sooner I can get out of here and back to my apartment, and back to work. Although that won't happen for at least five weeks, since I don't have any classes this term.

2 comments:

  1. Good news. Actually, it looks like where you are now might not be such a bad place to be for the next few days, due to the ruckus outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that the recovery is moving along! I can only imagine how much you want to get out of there. Any crutches yet?

    ReplyDelete