Sunday, September 12, 2010

American Football

Living here in Thailand I don't get to see much American Football. You can buy expensive cable packages that show a lot of football, but my apartment does not offer that cable company. (And I would not pay extra for it anyway). You can also get a satellite dish and wash 10 million channels from around the world. That is even more expensive.

However, the cable package we have at Baan Thai does occasionally broadcast football games, although they don't provide an advanced viewing schedule so it is largely hit or miss trying to see a game. But in the fall if I get up early on a Sunday morning I can often find a game.

Today I was in luck, and saw the second half of an exciting game between Michigan and Notre Dame. I was a bit disappointed after Notre Dame came from behind to take a lead with three minutes left, only to allow a touchdown in the last 30 seconds of the game. But it was still a good game. Last year I saw several Big 12 games, and maybe I will get to see some U. of Texas games this year.

3 comments:

  1. It is only very recently that I have come to really understand just how seriously some folks take football at the college and even HS level.

    Sincerely glad that you were able to enjoy what sounds like a close and exciting game. My late friend S was a ferocious pro-Michigan fan and hated ND with a fuming passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I miss most about TV, and there actually isn't much is watching the occasional football game. One of these days, it might even drive me to buying the little box thing I need to try to get the two or so local channels that are available "oldschool".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say that I am a fanatic, but I do enjoy watching college football. I like it a lot more than I like the NFL. (Although I am a Dallas Cowboys fan).

    ReplyDelete