Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat is the largest temple in the temple complex that bears it's name. And it is huge. The grounds surrounded by the wall is almost a kilometer square, and the temple itself is 300 meters by 150 meters. The conventional way of viewing Angkor Wat is to go in the morning, and watch the sun rise behind it. Bad idea, I have decided. The sky was cloudy the morning I went, and I imagine that more often than not it is that way. Also the lighting was not good, so not many of my pictures turned out very good.

Central spire, from within the central courtyard.

Photobucket

A sight you do usually see in the tourist guides, cattle grazing the grounds of the temple.

Photobucket

A pair of Khmer girls in one of the libraries. They were asking people to take their picture, then asking for money. I couldn't resist. Begging and hawking is allowed outside of the temples, but not in them, so these girls hid every time they saw one of the security gaurds walking around.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I like that pic of the cattle grazing on the temple grounds.

    Cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the cattle were pretty interesting. And the kids are cute.

    ReplyDelete