Friday, April 17, 2009

Back to Phnom Penh

I tried to blog yesterday, but blogger was down for maintenance so I couldn't. I got back to Phnom Penh yesterday from Siem Reap. Angkor Wat was spectacular, although climbing up and down temples wore me out pretty quickly. I was only able to go out for a few hours each morning before the heat and the exercise would wear me down and I would head back to my guesthouse for some well needed rest.

The town of Siem Reap has nothing to recommend itself, other than Angkor Wat itself. The city is ugly, dirty, hot, and overrun with hordes of tourists. I won't miss it at all.

So now I am just relaxing in PP, watching the river roll by and waiting for my flight back to Thailand tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Chiang Mai. Get ready for another summer term! Rock and roll. JTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the current Thai unrest does not impact too greatly on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, I'm living it!

    Maggs, Absolutely no impact on myself personally. If you stay away from the protest sites, life goes on as normal.

    ReplyDelete