Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Motorbike

While I am off work I am catching up on a number of things that have fallen by the wayside recently. One of these is my motorbike. I took it in today with a laundry list of things that needed doing. I had the oil changed, a new spark plug and air filter installed, got the speedometer/odometer cable repaired (wasn't working), and got the tail light fixed (wasn't working). They were also supposed to replace the gasket on the gas tank cap, but somehow that didn't get done. They also washed it and tightened up the brakes. It took about two and a half hours. The cost was 270 baht, the equivalent of nine dollars! Vehicle repair is one of the truly good bargains in Thailand. For a lot of things (electronics and other imported things) we pay more than we would in the States, or Europe, but some things are cheaper.

I also notice that the motorbike is running better now, and I feel safer, now that the tail light is working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment