Thursday, August 19, 2010

Five Years

I am celebrating a milestone this week. As of today I have lived in Thailand for five years. It is incredible to me that that much time has passed. I have to say that I haven't every regretted coming here and still don't. There have been ups and downs along the way, but I have generally been happy here, and I suspect, much happier than I would have been living in the States.

I am looking forward to many more years here in Thailand. I am not sure if I will remain in Chiang Mai, or relocate at some point to a more central location. (CM is a great place to live, but it isn't necessarily convenient when you want to travel. Plus there are many great places in Thailand that I haven't been able to visit simply because they are two far away for a short trip. I am also looking to boost my income, I admit I have been kind of lazy the last couple of years. I have been taking it easy. But it is time to start working harder and building up the old savings account.

For those of you who are interested, my foot is getting better. I don't have to wear the "ski boot" anymore. I am walking more normally, although I cannot really walk long distances and my foot swells up when I spend too much time standing up. So it is still a work in progress.

7 comments:

  1. Nice to see an update. You are thought of more often than you likely suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that. I should post more often, but my life is mostly mundane and boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! It is good to hear the update. I think of you quite often but I am not good about expressing my thoughts however. It does not seem possible that five years have passed! I am very glad that you followed your dream instead of playing it safe in a job in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly can't believe that it's been five years. I'm so glad for you that your choice has brought you happiness. We do think about and speak of you often. I was very glad to hear more about your recovery.

    With love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, toldja you were missed. And what could be more mundane and boring than the 14 paragraphs someone just sent you cold about a totally normal routine day.

    It is all subjective, you see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Glad to see you back! I for one can believe it's been five years because we miss seeing you. 'Course, it is a long way and expensive so we understand. Sorry that you won't get to come home this year. We'll just have to be patient and wait until you can. We were glad to hear that you're healing and hope that continues on. Oh, by the way, even if you think your life is dull and boring, we might consider it exotic and exciting! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody. I do wish I could get home more often.

    ReplyDelete