Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mobile again

I am a bit happier today. That is because I am mobile again. I went and rented an automatic motorcycle today. (My motorbike is still in Mai Ai, a hundred and twenty miles over the mountains. Plus I couldn't drive it, since I can't shift gears with my left foot in a splint). People might be surprised that I would get back on a Motorcycle, but I don't really have any choice. Public transportation in CM is not handicap friendly, as well as being inconvenient. I can't walk more than about 100 yards and that takes me 15 minutes. So I am mobile again, although every outing leaves me exhausted. I still spend most of my time laying down.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I took the money I got from my first motorcycle being wrecked and got a second, bigger one.

    Good to see you posting again. BTW, I have an operation of sorts tomorrow afternoon. I am trying hard not to make a big deal out of it.

    Bur I MISS yer lil sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have wheels! Hope the recovery continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Off to a decent start. Good thing I am quite accustomed to not eating for long periods of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again. Sympathies to you on your grandmother's death. I did a quick blog about it. Not much I can say about her which has not already been said better by folks who knew her longer.

    Hope your healing continues. My surgery seems to have gone well. I have a follow up visit with the surgeon next week, sadly.

    ReplyDelete