Friday, November 19, 2010

Busy Weekend

I have quite a busy weekend this week. I have to work both Saturday and Sunday. In addition one of my friends (a teacher here at the school) is getting married on Sunday Evening. Also this is the Loy Kratong Festival, the second most important festival of the Thai year, and personally my favorite festival of the year. Tonight my last class invited me to go down to Thapae Gate and launch khom loy, or hot air balloons. These are a big part of Loy Krathong. When you launch one it is supposed to carry away all of your cares, and you can make a wish as well.

I was going to post some pictures of the releasing of the balloons, but my internet connection is balky (as it quite often is) so I cannot upload them. If I get a chance I will upload them tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I like the new look. I'm looking forward to the photos. Hope you launched a balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fin, thanks.
    BC, this is just a temporary thing, while I work on a new layout.

    ReplyDelete