Monday, November 9, 2009

Que Sera Sera

A couple of weeks ago one of students responded to a question by another student by saying, "Que sera, sera." The other student broke out into song, "Whatever will be, will be." I was a bit surprised to say the least. Had I stumbled upon an underground group of Doris Day lovers? Over the next week or so my students began to sing the lyrics to the song in class, often precipitating a spontaneous sing along. My curiosity was thoroughly piqued by this point. Not wanting to admit my ignorance, I did not ask them about it directly. But after asking around, I found a commercial on Thai The children in the commercial are from Srisangwan School, a school set up by the late Queen Mother for children with disabilities. I think you might find this quite moving, as I did.

3 comments:

  1. Although I have not commented much on your recent spate of postings, I have enjoyed them all.

    Hurricane delayed my departure from here for one day.

    ReplyDelete