Sunday, October 4, 2009

College Football

One of the things I have really missed from America is watching college football. It hever has been covered here in Thailand, unless you had an expensive satellite package, far beyond the reach of a poor but honest English teacher. But this year for the first time ESPN has started to include one or two college games each week in its lineup. That is really nice. I have seen some really good games too. One of the best was the Texas Tech - Houston game, a 28-29 game that was a nail biter all the way. Of course, not all of them were that good. I saw the Texas - UTEP game, a 64-7 shellacking. It was good to see The Longhorns, the team I have followed since I was a teenager. But I would have rather seen the Texas - Texas Tech game. Well, beggars can't be choosers, so I will take what I get. Many of the games ESPN has shown have been Big 12 Game of the Weeks, so I have seen many of the teams Texas will face this year. I just hope they carry the Texas - Oklahoma game.

1 comment:

  1. As I'm sure you know, the Longhorns are having a good season. Hook 'em Horns!

    Glad you're able to see some (American) football these days. I know you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete