Monday, July 6, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It's raining right now. In fact, it has been raining nonstop for the last 36 hours. According to the extended forecast, it will continue to rain pretty much non-stop for the next week. Ah, the joys of living in Thailand in the rainy season. The weather here is usually quite pleasant, but when the rain settles in like this (as it does a few times a year) it gets old in a hurry. Everywhere you go you have to carry your umbrella or raincoat. Nothing will dry out. I dry my laundry by hanging it on the laundry rack and turning the fan on it for a few hours. My towels won't dry, and seem to mildew in about 3 minutes flat. I got tired of washing seven towels a week, so I have taken to walking around my apartment au natural after my shower until I drip dry! Well at least the rainy season will end soon, in only three more months!

In other news the CM panda cub has gone on display for the first time. For three days, ending today, people could get a brief glimpse of the panda in an enclosed exhibition area. Unfortunately the number of tickets available was quite limited, so most people didn't have a chance to see her.

Latest pictures

Photobucket

People viewing the panda cub

Photobucket

(All photos the property of someone else.)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bob...

    The rain's not so bad - I prefer it to the dense polluted air of the slash and burn season! The rain can be inconvenient at times though, true...

    P.S. Sorry I made you strain your eyes. Oliver Sacks' microscopic footnotes made me see the error of my ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we could move a little of the July to Sept rain to Jan to March we could solve the pollution problem and not be so wet now!

    ReplyDelete