Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Next Trip

I am still working to much, although that will end after this week. On a more positive note I am getting excited about my next foray out of the country. In April we have a ten day break, coinciding with Songkran, or the traditional Thai New Year. I will be traveling to Cambodia for about 8 days. I am going to probably start in Phnom Penh, then go on Siem Reep, which is where Angkor Wat is. That should be exciting. I also hope to spend a day on Tonle Sap, the big lake near Siem Reep. There is supposed to be great birding there. I am really excited about the whole thing. I have just started the planning process, so I am doing a lot of reading (when I can). It is a lot of fun to get ready for a trip like this.

5 comments:

  1. Remember Secrets of Elephants, or somesuch.

    I am totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like an exciting trip! Sometimes planning is one of the best parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. makesme itchy to travel again.. Maggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous of the Angkor Wat thing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living as I do does have some real disadvantages. Mainly having to do that I am not making any real money. That and the fact that is is very hard to visit my family (see "not making any real money".) However it also has some incredible benefits, including the opportunity to travel to some of the most interesting places in the world.

    ReplyDelete